We take to heart our ability to build green modular homes
Homebuyers across the country are increasingly interested in green building. At Impresa Modular, we take to heart our ability to build green modular homes. But what exactly makes a home green?
Green building means improving the way that homes and homebuilding sites use energy, water, and materials to reduce impacts on human health and the environment. Building green modular homes means making environmentally-preferable and sustainable decisions throughout the building process—decisions that will minimize the environmental impact of the home while it is being built and over the many years it will be lived in.
There are nearly 50 regional and national green home labeling programs around the country. While each program approaches green building a little differently, each incorporates important elements such as:
- Energy-efficient construction techniques and products.
- Improved indoor environments through environmentally-preferable materials and building practices.
- Water-efficient products and processes.
- Renewable energy options, when feasible.
- Waste reduction and recycling during the construction process.
- Smart growth and sustainable land development practices.
Impresa Modular is green right from the start, ensuring your modular home and any options that you select from Impresa Modular will achieve the highest levels of energy efficiency. Our Green Building Program is based on the 2012 ICC 700 National Green Building Standard™. This Green Building Program is your guarantee of an authentically green modular home that’s built the way you want.
What should homebuyers look for in green modular homes?
Energy efficiency is the place to start. That’s because the energy used in homes often comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and risks of global climate change. So, the less energy used, the less air pollution generated. The easy way to make sure a new modular home is energy efficient is to look for the blue ENERGY STAR mark.
ENERGY STAR qualified homes are independently verified to meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. These homes save money on utility bills, provide a more comfortable living environment with better indoor air quality, and help protect the environment.
Decide Your New Home’s Level of Green
Every Impresa Modular home plan already comes with many green points as standard. From there, your home can be qualified for ICC-700 confirmation, which rates homes in different green categories. Impresa Modular works with you to determine which green rating works best with your needs, goals, and budget. Homes can be rated Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Emerald, depending on various levels of compliance with the National Green Building Standard.
How You Benefit From A Green Modular Home
Green is much more than just reducing a home’s environmental footprint. You will also realize many direct benefits by owning a green modular home. Here are some of the primary benefits that you can experience by integrating green features into your new home compared with a conventional home:
- Increased comfort — Green homes have relatively even temperatures throughout the home, with fewer drafts and better humidity control.
- Lower operating costs — Homeowners receive less expensive utility bills because of energy and water efficiency measures
- Improved environmental quality — Green defines details that control moisture, requires materials that contain fewer chemicals, and defines air exchange/filtration systems that can contribute to a healthier indoor environment.
- Enhanced durability and less maintenance — Green homes incorporate building materials and construction details that strive to increase the useful life of the individual components and the whole house. Longer-lasting not only requires fewer resources for replacement but also reduces maintenance and repair costs. Green homes have lawns that require less weeding and watering, building elements that require less maintenance, and more durable building components that reduce the time needed for upkeep.
It is important to note that Impresa Modular can do only so much when it comes to how your green modular home will perform. You play a big role in your homes performance and Impresa Modular provides you the tools to learn how to operate your new green modular home as it was intended.
Modular Home Plans